UX Researcher, USA, Remote
RemoteUnited States, California, remoteDesign
This role is fully remote with working hours of +/- 2 hours of EST or PST.
Superformula is a design first company. Design is a fundamental driver of so much of our business and strategy. You will be joining a dedicated team of free thinkers and problem solvers. We work hard each day to help our clients deliver on the promises they make to their customers.
100% remote and always have been. We designed this company to be fully remote from day one which means that our teams and processes are tuned to enable you to do your best work on your time.
Make a lasting impact. We have tripled in size in the last three years, but we're still small enough for you to make a real impact on our business, culture, and people.
Learn more about Superformula
Why You Should Join Us
- Our culture. You will join a team built on hard work, accountability, and positivity. We seek to give the best of ourselves to our teammates and our work. Low ego, high output. ❤️
- Work with talented, supportive coworkers on problems that drive real business value.
- Flexible time off and work-life balance.
- An inclusive environment to help you do your best work and feel genuinely supported.
What You Will Do
- We're looking for a fun, energetic, and supportive member of this team.
- Deep understanding of the design-thinking process: from user research to usability testing.
- Conduct user research through moderated interviews, field studies, and other research methods.
- Synthesize findings to identify user pain points (affinity diagrams, journey maps, problem statements).
- Lead ideation activities with teams to solve users' needs in a way that provides value to our clients (6-8-5s, storyboarding, brainwriting, gamestorming).
- Create wireframes and prototype designs from the most promising idea(s) based on feasibility, desirability, and viability.
- Conduct both moderated and unmoderated user tests (desirability, navigation, and usability tests) based on desired outcomes. Generate accompanying quantitative and qualitative reports with findings and recommendations.
- Continue to advocate for the user as you analyze user feedback and activity, iterating on designs to enhance the user experience.
- Provide and solicit critique on your designs as well as the designs of your teammates.
- Work closely with product, engineering, and stakeholder teams to always speak for the user and provide user perspective.
- Deeply understand the products you work on, with an ability to share that knowledge with all of the teams you work with.
- Stay informed and share the latest on UX techniques, tools, and patterns.
- Bring excitement and positive energy every day.
- 3 years of experience in UX, with a portfolio demonstrating work in using the design-thinking process to ship products that directly address user needs.
- Empathetic listener and critical thinker who can thoughtfully and impartially conduct user interviews and testing, then synthesize complex data into tangible next steps.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver UX research artifacts, working with minimal guidance and direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills to build trust across teams.
- Has expert working knowledge of Figma.
- Has a deep knowledge of modern iOS, Android, and Web interface conventions.
- Is deeply organized, with a proven track record of turning user needs into concrete problem statements and next steps for design.
- Passion for working in environments where navigating ambiguity is the norm.
- Showcases your experience, storytelling, and design presentation skills.
- Has a passion for being a great team player and a positive influence on your teammates.