Senior Backend Engineer [Node.js, TypeScript]
RemoteUnited States, Michigan, Traverse CityEngineering
Who we are
Superformula is not your typical agency. We partner with our clients to solve their most challenging customer problems through design and engineering. Embedded directly alongside (or even intermixed with) existing teams, we raise the bar on quality and speed with new technologies, processes, and attitudes.
Remote First! - We've always been fully remote, with our mix of creatives, strategists, and technologists hailing from NYC, PDX, SEA, LAX, ATX, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Italy, Poland, Russia, and more! Check out more about us and our work here:
Expertise with care - Our team is full of Software Engineering specialists who care for the craft and love to tinker and build great products. Our culture is focused on the quality of our work through collaboration. Our teams have solved complex, deep problems calmly and with professional poise.
The team operates with a high degree of independence and focuses on building cloud-native APIs to support customer experiences in the insurance and automotive enthusiast industry. The team is especially highly regarded for their quality of Engineering and stability of production. We are looking to expand the team by several Senior Backend Software Engineers to help being the product's future roadmap to reality.
You should have:
- Passion for software that is future-proof and sets an example for best practices
- Obsessed with developer experience and tooling
- Eagerness to share your experiences and opinions on how to build robust APIs and Services
- 4+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer building enterprise-scale and production-ready applications.
*denotes must-haves (or must learn it quickly)
- Ability to take ownership of work items and help cultivate new ones with a Product-first mindset*
- Exposure to GraphQL concepts and implementation patterns*
- Experience with microservices & event-driven system architectures
- Node.js / TypeScript*
- Infrastructure as Code (AWS CDK, Terraform, etc.)
- AWS Cloud Services* (Lambda, DynamoDB or Aurora, API Gateway, ECS)
- Familiarity with GraphQL ecosystem
To thrive as a member of our team, you must:
- Operate with an ownership mentality by taking initiative
- Able to operate remotely and independently
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Be able to operate for working hours within 2 hours of EST
- Be passionate about learning and improving the craft of Engineering